Let’s Learn to Use Social Media as a Lead Generation Tool
Everyone it seems lives on social media and as a business owner it’s essential to learn how use social media as a lead generation tool. At your fingertips you literally have access to thousands of people, it’s like a networking even on steroids. The secret, however is how you use social media the right way to attract the right audience and generate the right leads for your business.
Every type of marketing, no matter the goal, what your business, starts with the same thing:
Know Your Target Audience & Where They Hang Out On Social Media
You should aim to know everything you can about your target audience. Who exactly are they? What is their sex? How much money do they make? What are their fears and concerns? How do they access social media? What problems do they have that you can solve? You can get to know your target audience by going where they are and studying them and speaking with them.
Set Some Goals
You can’t really do anything in business and especially marketing without a goal. In this case it’s lead generation. How many leads do you want to generate in what period of time? Exactly who do you class want as a lead? What makes a perfect lead, and what would attract that perfect lead to you?
Create a Winning Content Strategy
As they say, nothing is done without content and marketing is no different. What, they don’t say that? Well, they should. Without content, you have no marketing strategy whatsoever. You need to create content for your website, blog posts and social media that has the point of your marketing campaign in mind that engages, educates and generates leads. What this means is that to learn to use social media as a lead generation tool means you have to create lots of engaging content.
After that, almost everything else rests on content to promote your lead capture pages.
- Create Engaging Content – If you want someone to trust you, give them information that engages them so that the lead can become a prospect. You are going to have to work hard, it’s not easy as everyone is chasing customers so create great content aimed at educating and engaging your target audience using images, video, audio and that’s relevant to them.
- Put Sign Up Forms on Social Media – You can put a sign-up form right on Facebook, and Facebook can in effect become your landing page. When applicable, put the sign-up form where the content is so that you can get higher conversion rates.
- Complete Your Profiles Fully – It never ceases to amaze me how many intelligent business people fail to fully complete their social media profiles. Your profile should be completed fully, every single profile should back up each other and any pictures should look the part. If your profile is half completed and that head shot makes you look more like a criminal than a successful business person, don’t expect your target audience to part with their email addresses they will more likely click away and be gone forever.
- Money Always Helps – If you’ve created an awesome content and backed it up with a content marketing strategy, but hardly anyone is seeing it, then it might be time to pay to boast your posts on the networks that allow you to. Capturing leads is one of the ways that you can use social media advertising without spending a fortune.
- Offer Something Substantial – Giving away a freebie to get the email address is a classic practice among internet marketers, I like many others, often use quality eBooks. But, you can make this work even better by ensuring that the giveaway would only be wanted by your target audience, so get writing those eBooks.
- Create Multiple Landing Pages – You should create a new landing page for each social media network so that when your audience clicks through the link on your content they are taken to a special page that welcomes them and makes them feel at home.
- Mobile Responsive – If your landing page is on your website, make sure your website is mobile responsive as more people access social media channels via mobile devices than desktop computers, and these people will simply leave if your website is not mobile responsive.
- AB Split Testing and Heat Maps – To maximise conversion rates of your landing pages use AB Split testing and heat maps and also measure which advertisements work best and consider split testing these.
With the number of people within your target audience using social media, learning to use social media as a lead generation tool is honestly a no brainer.